Tuesday, April 21, 2015

The Lady in the Photos


Photo Credit: Miranda Plaugher

Top: Lauren Conrad for Kohl's
Jeans: Levi's Curve ID

Hi everyone! I noticed that I never did a proper introduction, so I will do that today. Whether you regularly visit my site or you are just stopping by, there are bound to be some things that you don't know about me. Hopefully, this will strengthen our relationship as new blogger friends as we support each other on this amazing adventure!
 
First and foremost, this past weekend was a whirlwind of awesomeness. If you are my insta or fb friend...or maybe even if you happened to hear me shouting from mountain tops, then you know that I was featured on Lauren Conrad's website as "chic of the week"...and her instagram....and her facebook. Maybe you're tired of hearing about it, but I'm just so excited! I haven't not stopped smiling, dancing or singing the Frozen soundtrack since Friday morning. This is such a big deal to me because LC has always been my idol and I look up to her so much as a person and as a designer. I feel like we would be best friends in real life haha. It totally made my day. You. don't. even. know.
 
Alright, here's where I give you a glimpse into my life and a look at who I am....
 
 
*My name is Elizabeth, but I also go by Liz or Lizzie. You can call me anything [as long as it's not Lizard Breath. That's reserved for family only :-) ]
 
*My hair is naturally blonde and my eyes change color. I have never had braces. I'm 4' 11" and a lot older than you probably think I am. In fact, I get mistaken as a high schooler on a daily basis. If you're feeling lucky, you can try to guess my age in the comments, just for funzies :-) ha!
 
*I'm that girl singing at that top of her lungs in her car at the stoplight....while doing some insane dance moves...alone. In fact, I'm always humming or singing something, usually unknowingly. My dance moves make a pretty regular appearance, although mostly for comedic purposes. I'm always smiling, laughing and making jokes...even if they're not funny.

 
*I'm caring, compassionate and love others deeply. I have a big heart and love to help others. I love to cook, bake, read, and tend to my small garden on our patio. I'm pretty OCD and am constantly organizing things...usually my schedule or my closet. I hate eating vegetables...I would rather eat bicycle tires. I have a wonderful husband that is so supportive and a God that loves me no matter what.
 
*I have a Bachelor of Arts in Studio Art and Marketing. I currently work as a substitute teacher during the day for grades K-12 in varying subjects. I am also a professional musician and teach private guitar lessons in the evenings. I started my business almost 9 years ago and still can't believe that I get to share my love of music with others as a profession. It's a job that doesn't feel like a job, which is always a good thing :-)
 
*I have more hobbies than one person should. Musically speaking, I can play all types of guitar: acoustic, electric, bass, classical. I also play piano and a bit of banjo, violin and ukulele. I like to sing as well, but only in the comfort of my bathroom when no one is home. (I feel sorry for the girl upstairs that has to hear me.) I am also an artist and work in nearly every medium imaginable: drawing, painting, sculpting, photography, animation, graphic design, interior design, fashion design. Other hobbies include yoga, hiking, and camping. I'm a roller coaster enthusiast and Disney fanatic. I've been skydiving 7 times and I love to travel...anywhere!

 
*As far as the future is concerned, my first and true love has always been fashion design. I was sketching from the time I could hold a pencil and would hand sew clothes for my stuffed animals and barbies. Even though I have had some set backs, I am still pursuing my dream. I have big goals, but an even bigger passion for styling. I hope to one day open an online boutique showcasing my designs, but if it so happens that I end up just making clothes for myself in my spare time, I would be perfectly content. <3
 
*As for my blog, I am having a blast! It really is my happy place and my time to distress and step back from reality for a while. I love expressing myself in a creative way through my clothes. Actually, I'm just so happy that anyone even reads this thing and looks at my outfits. Even though I'm still very new at this and learning daily, you guys are so amazing and inspiring to me! Thank you so much for supporting my new venture of blogging and I am incredibly thankful for you and look forward to growing our friendships. <3



 



4 comments:

  1. So lovely photos!! I´ve just met your blog and I love it!!
    you look really lovely and these photos are amazing!
    would you like to follow each other on g+? I´m following you by now
    xx


    100% natural & homemade cosmetics => check out my new post here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice introduction Liz, so beautifully written and you have such amazing talents and skills. i admire that. I would guess your age as 25 (you asked) lol. Congratulations on being featured on Lauren Conrad's site, that is big!
    http://stylediarybyosy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete